Wednesday, January 5, 2011

How Much Are Those Stacked Rocks On The River

I know I should post on here way more often then I do but I am not even sure how many people even read this blog or want to read it anymore but I'll keep posting anyway.

Back in August I heard about these rocks that were found stacked in the middle of the Humber River in Toronto. Being the curious guy that I am, I had to go and check them out.  Gullible people would think nature did this or some kind of alien encounter on earth formed them stacked up was just as logical as the crop circles. Thankfully being smarter then that I knew they had to be man-made for sure.  Seeing how the Humber River isn't the cleanest bodies of water out there the idea that someone had walked in the water and stacked all those rocks grossed some others out.  

As walked across the 1918 Old Mill bridge and looked out and saw what all the fuss had been. They did in fact look very cool and whoever did them had a lot of patience to be able to set the hundreds of stacked rocks in the moving waters of the Humber river.

Below is just a small group of all the stacked rocks that were all over the place.



Stacked Rocks looking towards the Old Mill Bridge August 2010

A few days later I learned that the stacked Rock statures were in fact made by photographer Peter Riedel but I think deep inside I was hoping it was the sneaky raccoons that were building them in the middle of the night/

No comments: