Friday, August 21, 2009

Clam after the Storm

The Southern Onartio got hit by some rather frighting yet cool looking to some... thunderstorms on August 20, 2009. There was also acouple confirmed tornado sightings that left one 11-year-old boy dead and ripped a part quite a few homes in Durham, Ontario.

I remember sitting on my laptop chatting away then seeing the storm sneak in the city very quickly as it got dark and lighting and thunder every half a second and rain drops blowing sideways shaking a few windows. Just as quickly as it came into my area only staying a few short minutes it was gone and heading towards other parts of Ontario.

For some odd reason after the storm had passed I noticed my plants needed watering so I gave them some water from the water pitcher. I am sure if anyone happened to see me doing this would have thought it was quite strange.

Below is a picture I took on a street in Toronto a an hour after the storm went though the city that just seemed so peaceful as if what had just happened never took place.

No comments: